Sunday, December 14, 2008

Dating 101

When did it become acceptable for men to treat their friends as people they are interested in dating? This weekend, I have had countless friends tell me that they too are confused by this. They continually question whether the guy is just a friend who enjoys flirting with them or if the guy is genuinely interested. What’s worse is if the guy knows that you like him and still engages in this type of behavior. Sometimes I really feel like asking if “Are you talking/flirting with me just for your amusement purposes?” In my opinion, it is just plain selfish and detestable if you use someone as one of the clowns in your personal circus. Is there some sort of test that you can give to figure out a guy’s motives? Clearly a bunch of women missed this lesson in dating 101…

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think men are selfish! The old saying definitely rings true... they want to have their cake and eat it to. Stepping over the line means moving into a point of no return and the thought of that seems to scare men and confuse the women who they flirt with. Women, let's vow to no longer be depressed over men, their inability to make decisions or notice the great women in front of them, NONE of them are worth it!!

Anonymous said...

I think men are selfish! The old saying definitely rings true... they want to have their cake and eat it to. Stepping over the line means moving into a point of no return and the thought of that seems to scare men and confuse the women who they flirt with. Women, let's vow to no longer be depressed over men, their inability to make decisions or notice the great women in front of them, NONE of them are worth it!!

A Margarita said...

Men are jackasses. The end.

Anonymous said...

Clearly we all missed this class...because its happening too many times. Or maybe there was a class but it was done in that secret language than all men use, that language that makes you want to scream. Life is way to short to be this confused all the time...women do not have time for this!!! Clearly, we give men too much power!!! A very smart person once told me that there were five stages of grief (often associated with men) Hmm.... I wonder which stage this would be considered. OOOpps, silly me, I forgot the stages are going to start all over again tomorrow. The story of my life.

Elle said...

haha...yes I am a smart cookie if I do say so myself :) A blog post on that is coming up next actually. Nice segway.