Sunday, November 29, 2009

Amsterdam...well it was no Barcelona

I arrive in Amsterdam the next morning and it was so cold I could see my breath. I left high 60 degree weather for this!? I get to the hotel and it is definitely not something I would have typically stayed in. I walked into the lobby and the staff had put up their Dutch Christmas decorations…6 Black elves with bright red lips on this big table as soon as you walk into the lobby. Yea so apparently their definition of holiday decorations come in the form of black satire lol. To be fair though the Dutch were very nice people so I don’t want to be too harsh. But then again, I felt like taking out my flat iron and smashing them all into little pieces. Who-gonna-check-me-boo! Well, actually they might have by making me check out and being homeless in a foreign country can’t be good. As such, I decided to reserve renegade Lauren for another time.

After dinner my manager and I go to downtown Amsterdam to go to the Anne Frank house and the Rijks Musem. Both were fabulous; however walking around after we apparently hit the tourist district and the smell of weed hit my face harder than a brick. It was so funny seeing people smoke openly like that. Then we hit the sex stores and I must say that it was so uncomfortable to walk in front of those with your boss. Clearly we both saw them, but we both said absolutely nothing. Good choice because nothing was the most appropriate conversation. Off to London …although home is starting to sound good after all this traveling.

1 comment:

A Margarita said...

Ahhh, sounds like so much fun! Happy belated Thanksgiving :)