Sunday, November 29, 2009

Hasta Luego Barcelona

I left Barcelona feeling absolutely great. My last night there I went out for tapas and wine and met a girl who was traveling around the world because she got a divorce last month. I mean her situation was unfortunate, but it wasn’t for me since I didn’t have to eat dinner by myself on Thanksgiving :) She had all these stories too and it was like I was at the movie theater listening to a tragic story. She was clearly still upset about her breakup so she was doing all the talking while I was eating and drinking. Just how I like it...free entertainment for Elle! I kind of wanted to exchange contact information just so I could keep tabs on how everything turned out. A few seconds later I realized that I didn't really care and that I was so interested simply because I hadn't had social entertainment in a week.

So after, I was feeling good and decided to go get a coffee at this cafĂ© next to my hotel. The waiter spoke only Spanish, but he was cute so I decided to stay. I don’t know whether it was the 2 glasses or wine at dinner or luck but we spoke for over an hour entirely in Spanish! I was so impressed with myself…Margarita you would have been proud. On the check, I decided to leave the message: "If you ever want to practice your English...[Insert Elle's email]. I don't know why I did that, but I just figured it didn't even matter because I wasn't going to ever see him again. Get this though...he still hasn't emailed me! Who does he think he is??...I'm like world travel corporate barbie. He better get with the program...eso pequeno mierda.

1 comment:

A Margarita said...

Eso pequeno mierda! Lol, that's great.