Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Men and Handbags

A post I wrote a while ago...

So I was advising my friend the other day about her boy situation, while also discussing my own, and I realized that girls do very unnatural things in terms of relationships. She was telling me about this guy who adores her, but rarely asks her on dates. Attempting to analyze his motives was stressing her out, so she was going to drop him. I immediately responded with, “Why would you do that??!” It didn’t make any sense that she would stop dating a guy who treated her fabulously when she was with him. I then told her about my sexy “friend” who I have been talking to over the past month who is the epitome of hot and cold . . . who also has the tendency to just be full of shit. Excuse my French. He is not only a great resource in terms of intellect but also a nice piece of eye candy. Anyway, I don’t know why, but he seems to serve a useful function so I thought, why would I get rid of him . . .Now I parallel this conversation to one on handbags. Men really are nothing more than a great accessory. Easily comparable to a handbag. The fun sexy ones are like a new trendy Valentino bag. Everyone notices when you get a new one, and they are always flashy and gorgeous. I absolutely love one, when I can afford one. You could also go with the smart and conservative guy that is as dependable and reliable as a Fendi - never goes out of style and is always a classic addition to any girl’s closet. You also encounter the guy that is just pure fun, childish at times, but brings out that kid in you – a Juicy Couture Bag. What I think I ultimately want in a guy is more along the lines of someone who treats me fabulously, compliments me nicely, and provides me with some sense of security and reliability. Somehow I would compare this to my Louis Vuitton. If I ever need a quick bag at the last minute, Louis is it. It goes with everything and is always impressive. A timeless classic that will never go out of style. Now girls (who are dating) . . . my point is to stop trying to make all boys fit all purposes. More than likely you’re not going to find a Louis each time you go out. Let the situation flow naturally and accept your guy for who he is and identify his purpose in your life. You wouldn’t carry an evening bag to class, so why try to make a boyfriend out of Rico Suave you met at the club last Saturday night? Dating should be fun and as long as you are having fun, keep him around. I think this year my goal is to become the best accessorized girl in Boston . . . in terms of handbags and men!

No comments: